You can drive safely with us
There are numerous causes for faulty processes – a lack of concentration, an incorrect assessment of situations, as well as environmental factors to which the driver is unable to react correctly or quickly enough. Our smart driver assistance systems not only continuously monitor the environment, thus providing guidance for the drivers, but can also actively intervene in certain events. They recognise potentially critical driving situations and are able to accelerate and decelerate independently. In addition to increased warehouse and operator safety, they also provide top performance with the highest level of energy efficiency thanks to the intelligent driving programmes.
Driver assistance systems and functions from STILL
STILL warning zone light
Perfect addition to the STILL SafetyLight
The STILL warning zone light projects two luminescent strips to the left and right of the forklift truck. The optional illumination equipment serves as a visual warning for pedestrians and other drivers in the vicinity by projecting luminescent strips on the hall floor at the sides of the forklift truck. The STILL warning zone light therefore perfectly complements the STILL SafetyLight, which projects a blue cone of light in the front of the truck in the direction of driving.
STILL SafetyLight 4plus
The visual warning system for fewer accidents
The blue warning light, STILL SafetyLight 4plus, significantly increases work safety in areas which are confusing or full of bends. The blue light spots are projected approx. 5 m in front of and behind the truck and warn people about the approaching truck to prevent impending collisions.
Advantages to you:
- Increase of work safety for pedestrians and other participants in internal traffic
- Increased safety when working with several forklift trucks in a network owing to prompt reactions, particularly in confusing areas
- Passers-by notice the forklift truck more quickly and have more time to react due to the guiding function of the chaser lights at four light points
- Lowest possible impact on the truck operating time due to the economical energy consumption of the LED lamp (5 W at12 V)
- Maintenance-free operation and a long service life of 20,000 hours
- Minimal scattering and thus perfect visibility even on light-coloured floors
Six in one sweep
Optimised braking paths: at the end of the aisle, the forklift truck decelerates gently in relation to the speed and lifting height, which increases handling capacity.
Automatic speed adjustment: in defined zones, speed adjustments can be set automatically based on the ground conditions.
Height limitation: The adjustable height limitation enables optimum use of the space below the roof for different hall heights.
Collision prevention: known obstacles can be defined. The driver does not need to memorise all particularities of the system and can concentrate on their work.
Aisle departure assistant: steering can be blocked for a defined stretch, e.g. when departing the aisle in order to prevent collisions.
Position selection: selection enables targeted movement into defined, often-used positions such as at transfer points.
Additional Safety Assist features
Here you can find a full overview of all additional driver assistance systems and functions from STILL within the Safety Assist field.
Safety in the warehouse is increased thanks to an acoustic signal during reversing. Colleagues are therefore able to notice the forklift truck even if they have their back to it.
Who can use which forklift truck for which area of application? What about the truck capacity? When has a shock occurred? Things that are relatively easy to control with just a few forklift trucks become far more complex and difficult to regulate as the fleet size increases. Our smart FleetManager provides the solution. With this innovative software, you are able to control your fleet more efficiently and effectively than ever.
The FleetManager consists of several modules:
- Access authorisation
- Compilation of operating data linked to the truck controller
- Accident detection with truck reaction (e.g. creep speed)
- Load detection via pressure sensor in the lifting hydraulic system without weight indication on the display and two data cards
- Shock detection in connection with FleetManager: the forklift truck detects a potential collision and switches to creep mode, sounds a signal or switches off completely
- Can be configured as per the customer's wishes
The reader for the FleetManager access card is easily accessible on the left next to the steering column. Access to the FleetManager requires special authorisation.
The warning light increases safety at the warehouse and makes other employees working in the warehouse aware of the forklift truck via a flashing yellow light signal.
To stop feet getting caught under tires – a rubber lip can be adhered to pedestrian vehicles for the protection of feet. An optional foot guard with a contact strip is available as a special feature which makes sure that the truck stops upon contact.
Safety in every direction: an acoustic signal during reversing warns colleagues that a truck is approaching. They are therefore able to act promptly even if they have their back to the truck.
Safe operation at all times: the LED daytime driving light ensures that the forklift truck is always clearly visible even in darker areas.
Keeping the goods in place: the load backrest stabilises the transported goods at the fork carriage back so that they can be securely transported from A to B.
Buckled up? If not, the seat belt control ensures that the driving speed is automatically reduced. In cab trucks, the system only engages when the cab door is open.
If desired, you can limit the usage of your forklift truck to specific persons or groups of persons via access authorisation. You can choose whether to grant access via a key switch or via a digital code system with ten configurable access codes.
Leave nothing hanging on the balance: the system integrated in the FM-X reach truck virtually eliminates the risk of damaging goods when lifting pallets. The advantage of the shift and lowering lock is that pallets that have been lifted crookedly or diagonally lie on the wheel arms when they are lowered, and will therefore be tilted or pushed when pulling in the fork. The operator must always approve this for safety and is advised to check that the goods have been picked up correctly.
Owing to the EasyBelt, the seat belt is already diagonally taut over the driver's seat. When stepping aboard, the driver only needs to climb into the pre-tensed belt. The quick and convenient handling of the EasyBelt makes buckling up a breeze.
Advantages to you:
- Cost-effective addition to the belt which ensures that the driver is able to properly secure their seat belt without effort
- Enables quick seat belt fastening and unfastening, thus having a positive effect on productivity
- High comfort level within the driver's work space due to the quick and easy handling of the seat belt – resulting in a high acceptance level from forklift truck drivers
- Easy to retrofit – EasyBelt can easily be retrofitted onto your fleet's counterbalanced forklift trucks
Sauermann restraint system
This system is available in different variants – mechanical or electric. A bracket system is installed on the side of the forklift truck which can be opened either manually or automatically. Each option ensures the highest level of operator protection and enables drivers to climb in and out of the forklift quickly and easily.
The mobile integrated personal safety system reliably detects persons in narrow aisles and stops the forklift truck in a timely manner before an accident occurs. An automatic brake can also be performed at the end of the aisle in combination with the personal safety system.
The unit decelerates automatically during the trip if it is approaching the end of the aisle. There are five different options for this:
- With speed reduction at both open aisle ends It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zone, the speed is reduced to 2.5 km/h.
- With absolute stop: Speed reduction at the open aisle end as well as speed reduction and absolute stop at the closed aisle end. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zone, speed is reduced to 2.5 km/h. At the closed aisle end, the unit is decelerated to a halt with the absolute stop. A positioning movement toward the end of the aisle is possible with the acknowledgement button.
- With stop at both open aisle ends. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. The unit is decelerated to a halt from the beginning of the aisle end zones. Our technicians can set the parameters for clearance to continue driving at a reduced speed of 2.5 km/h toward the aisle end.
- With stop and absolute stop: Stop at the open aisle end as well as stop and absolute stop at the closed aisle end. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. The unit is decelerated to a halt from the beginning of the aisle end zones. Our technicians can set the parameters for clearance to continue driving at a reduced speed of 2.5 km/h toward the aisle end. The unit is decelerated to a halt at the closed aisle end, and a positioning movement toward the end of the aisle is then possible with the acknowledgement button.
- With absolute stop at the closed aisle ends and speed reduction at the open aisle ends. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zones, the unit is decelerated at the open aisle end to 2.5 km/h, and brought to a halt at the closed aisle end. The unit is cleared for continued driving using the acknowledgement button to depart the aisle at a maximum speed of 2.5 km/h.
For additional information or if you have any questions about our range, our expert consultants are happy to help.
Request to: Safety Assist
Please fill out the form below. We will get back at you as soon as possible.