Reach trucks FM-4W 4-Way Reach Truck
Fully functional in all directions
Request to: FM-4W
Please fill out the form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
The FM‑4W is a powerful and energy-efficient four-way reach truck. It transports loads forwards, backwards and sideways. This makes this universal truck particularly well suited for transporting long items (in addition to normal pallets and containers). The smart four-way design also allows for a highly cost-effective use of warehouse space because the reach truck can itself be safely and quickly manoeuvred down even the narrowest of aisles. And it always puts in a good shift too: the FM‑4W can lift loads with a total weight of 2,500 kg and its high residual load capacity means that it can carry loads weighing as much as 1,000 kg to a height of 9.5 m.
The integrated weight and height display and the comfortable tilt seat greatly facilitate load handling, while the mast and overhead guard are designed to optimise the driver’s view of the transported load. Other benefits that make work easier are the lift height pre-selection system and the lift height assistance system. The optional systems noticeably facilitate the quick and precise depositing and retrieval of goods. The seat, arm rests, steering wheel and foot plate can be adjusted to enhance ease of use. A wide range of settings allow the cabin to be adjusted to suit any driver, ensuring optimised ergonomics.
The FM-4W in detail
- Stable mast with high residual load capacity for lift heights of up to 9.5 metres (1,000 kg)
- Powerful acceleration combined with high driving speed (up to 13 km/h)
- Sufficient energy for all applications thanks to battery capacities of 465–930 Ah
- Can be ergonomically adjusted to suit any driver: adjustable seat, arm rests, steering wheel and foot plate
- All functions can be easily operated using the joystick or fingertip control system, without having to keep changing hands
- Comfortable and practical: the seat can be adjusted to suit the driver’s weight and has a narrow backrest to ensure good visibility out the back
- The comfortable tilt seat with its pneumatic lumbar support makes it easy to look up and past the goods (maximum tilt: 18°)
- The large step and handle make it safe and easy to get in
- Load and truck protection: the assistance system stops forks from coming into contact with the forklift truck’s wheel arms
- Work safety: precise movement control
- A high level of driver safety is ensured by load-dependent speed limits and Curve Speed Control
- The mast and overhead guard are designed to optimise visibility of the goods
- The wheels can be instantly turned 90° for precise sideways travel
- The hydraulics are closely controlled by proportional valve technology
- Integrated weight and height display for precise load handling
- Excellent handling performance: easier loading and unloading thanks to height assistance system
- Suitable for use in even the narrowest of aisles thanks to the reach truck concept
- Four-way design allows for long items to be transported down the narrowest of aisles
- Energy is recovered during the braking process to prolong the use of the truck and optimise its use of resources
- Energy savings: the steering electronics are activated only when the steering wheel is moved
Sharpening all senses: we can support you with our wide range of smart driver assistance systems and functions which will make your day-to-day work significantly easier. You will be able to drive in a safer, more comfortable, efficient and fatigue-free manner – in every driving situation.
Keeping the goods in place: the load backrest stabilises the transported goods at the fork carriage back so that they can be securely transported from A to B.
A flashing, warning or rotating light increases safety at the warehouse and makes other employees working in the warehouse aware of the forklift truck via a flashing yellow light signal. If preferred, this can be set to only light up when reversing. The use of this light increases safety particularly in areas where hearing protection is required to be worn. The rotating light is available in various designs and can be mounted on or behind the overhead guard.
Access authorisation (with Fleet Manager 4.x)
Access control perfectly integrated into the truck with different types of access authorisation for one or more trucks: with FleetManager 4.x you are free to choose the type of access authorisation for one or more trucks: chip, FleetManager card, your personal plant ID card or a PIN.
Thanks to the smart auto-logout function, the trucks are automatically deactivated after a freely selectable period of time – this also increases safety.
Lift height display
Seeing instead of estimating
With the help of the LED lift height sensor installed as standard, the lift height display ensures maximum precision from the first millimeter. This means that operators always know the height of the fork tips and can navigate precisely to avoid touching the rack when picking up the pallet. The system works with a repeatability of less than +/- 5 mm and the lift height is permanently shown to the drivers on the display.
Automatic parking brake
The automatic parking brake is applied automatically or at the push of a button, and prevents the truck from rolling. The electrohydraulic spring-loaded brake locks whenever the truck stops.
Fork camera system
The fork camera prevents damage to goods, personal injury due to falling loads, and collisions with the shelving. The system is mounted on the inner side of the fork tips and improves the visibility of the load, particularly at large lift heights, as the camera view is displayed on the driver’s monitor.
Lowered driving speed with lifted forks
Forks up, speed down:
More safety, less product breakage and ensuring proper vehicle use - these are the benefits offered by the Speed Reduction assistance system when the fork carriage is raised. As soon as the forks reach a height of 500 mm (or another defined threshold), the speed of the vehicle is automatically reduced. Even if a driver forgets that he should not drive with the load raised, the assistance system slows him down, guaranteeing safe handling of the load and vehicle.Learn more
Camera systems for fork carriage, outer mast and rear
The camera systems for fork carriage, outer mast and rear offer improved visibility and thus help to prevent collisions with the warehouse infrastructure, as well as personal injury. The camera, which is attached to the truck according to its position, improves the driver’s vision of the environment by displaying an image on the driver’s monitor of everything that is captured by the camera in front and behind the truck.
The document provided for download is the updated version of the operating instructions for the standard truck. It does not include descriptions of customer options (Customer Option). For a concrete truck, please request the respective specific manual according to the serial number and the year of production from the STILL spare parts service.
Maximum capacity (kg)
Maximum lift height (mm)
Travel speed (km/h)
Battery voltage (V)