Vertical Order Picker EK-X
The new dimension in order picking
Request to: EK-X
Please fill out the form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
It’s the Prince of Pickers and Nobility in any narrow-aisle warehouse: the EK-X vertical order picker sets the benchmark in terms of performance, picking height, residual load capacity, functionality and ergonomics.
The EK-X forges ahead into new dimensions of efficient goods handling with driving speeds up to 13 km/h and lifting speeds up to 0.4 m/s. Thanks to the iGo pilot navigation, this compact warehouse helper is always on the move at maximum speed – without impairing safe driving. Other features include an excellent field of view and a maximum pick height of 12 meters - outstanding in the truest sense of the word – as well as a roomy, shock-absorbing driver’s cabin.
In short: if you want the most efficient, user-friendly picking warehouse management, you can’t do without an EK-X. Moreover, the modular system allows the optimum EK-X to be custom-built for every warehouse.
The EK-X in detail
- Maintenance-free 3-phase drive unit, 24 V or 48 V
- Effective goods handling due to very high driving and lifting speeds (13 km/h and 0.4 m/s)
- Enough energy for multi-shift operations thanks to battery capacities up to 1240 Ah (24 V) or 930 Ah (48 V)
- Powerful auxiliary lift for efficient order picking
- Top availability: The Li-Ion battery bundles a lot of energy and can be quickly and easily opportunity charged
- Quick, safe personnel entry and exit thanks to generously sized, lowlevel entry area
- High degree of movement freedom due to roomy driver’s cabin
- Shock-absorbing floor with integrated drive switch guarantees relaxed working
- Effective working with any body size thanks to low cabin wall and small distance to load carrier
- Optional tilting side barriers for even easier access to goods
- Intuitive and optionally height-adjustable control panel for ergonomic work
- Wide variety of equipment options for the driver’s cabin (e. g. attachment system for terminals etc., storage option, leaning support, 12 volt power socket)
- Safe handling in a very narrow aisle with mechanical or inductive guidance
- Long-life, energy-saving LED headlights for optimum visibility
- Optional iGo pilot safety gives optimum support when navigating and operating the vehicle in sensitive warehouse areas
- Safe operation through sensor-controlled two-handed operation
- Faster servicing due to easily accessible service points
- Sensitive operation and stepless control of lift speed thanks to stateof- the-art proportional valve technology
- Power-optimized driving speeds through accurate height sensing
- Maximum possible operating speed for each load weight thanks to the iGo pilot navigation
- Easier workload through semiautomatic approach to shelf with iGo pilot navigation
- Longer operating time and optimum use of resources through energy recovery during braking and lowering operations
- Blue-Q efficiency mode saves up to 10 percent energy at the push of a button without sacrificing power
- 90 percent of all the materials used are recyclable
Driver assistance systems and functions
Shock-protected cab floor
Like driving on feathers: the shock-protected cab floor relieves pressure from the employee and a large foot pedal allows for a variable and comfortable stationary position.Learn more
Camera systems for fork carriage, outer mast and rear
The camera systems for fork carriage, outer mast and rear offer improved visibility and thus help to prevent collisions with the warehouse infrastructure, as well as personal injury. The camera, which is attached to the truck according to its position, improves the driver’s vision of the environment by displaying an image on the driver’s monitor of everything that is captured by the camera in front and behind the truck.
Shock detection (with or without FleetManager 4.x)
Where shock detection is used without FleetManager, an accelerometer detects mechanical shock events indicative of improper use. Once shocks have been detected, the truck is set to creep speed. The supervisor can turn the speed restriction back off again by entering the 'Fleet manager PIN' in the Easy Control Display.
As no additional components are required, this is a cost-effective option for preventing damage to the truck and goods. Where shock detection is used with FleetManager, should vibrations exceed a certain level, the load will be registered as unusual and this information will be shared with the fleet manager.
As well as shocks, these notifications can also include information about the speed of travel, the time, the truck and the driver.
Shock detection (without FleetManager 4.x)
With shock detection, an accelerometer detects mechanical shock events indicative of improper use. When shocks are detected, the truck is set to creep speed. The supervisor can then turn the speed restriction back off again by entering the ‘Fleet manager PIN’. Apart from the accelerometer, no other components are required, making this a very cost-effective option. If more extensive analysis is required (e.g. travel speed, time, driver and truck), this option can be used in combination with FleetManager 4.x.
Access authorisation (without FleetManager 4.x) with PIN
Digicode systems (PIN) are an easy way to prevent unauthorised use of the truck. The truck can be started up quickly and easily, simply by entering the PIN code. This allows the user to limit access authorisation to specific individuals or groups. It is possible to configure up to ten PIN codes.
The panoramic mirror, which can be mounted on the left or right side of the truck, improves visibility and reduces the size of the blind spot by expanding the field of vision. Drivers are able to get a quick overview of what’s behind them, allowing them to work more safely.
The unit decelerates automatically during the trip if it is approaching the end of the aisle. There are five different options for this:
- With speed reduction at both open aisle ends It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zone, the speed is reduced to 2.5 km/h.
- With absolute stop: Speed reduction at the open aisle end as well as speed reduction and absolute stop at the closed aisle end. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zone, speed is reduced to 2.5 km/h. At the closed aisle end, the unit is decelerated to a halt with the absolute stop. A positioning movement toward the end of the aisle is possible with the acknowledgement button.
- With stop at both open aisle ends. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. The unit is decelerated to a halt from the beginning of the aisle end zones. Our technicians can set the parameters for clearance to continue driving at a reduced speed of 2.5 km/h toward the aisle end.
- With stop and absolute stop: Stop at the open aisle end as well as stop and absolute stop at the closed aisle end. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. The unit is decelerated to a halt from the beginning of the aisle end zones. Our technicians can set the parameters for clearance to continue driving at a reduced speed of 2.5 km/h toward the aisle end. The unit is decelerated to a halt at the closed aisle end, and a positioning movement toward the end of the aisle is then possible with the acknowledgement button.
- With absolute stop at the closed aisle ends and speed reduction at the open aisle ends. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zones, the unit is decelerated at the open aisle end to 2.5 km/h, and brought to a halt at the closed aisle end. The unit is cleared for continued driving using the acknowledgement button to depart the aisle at a maximum speed of 2.5 km/h.
Personal safety system
The mobile integrated personal safety system reliably detects persons in narrow aisles and stops the forklift truck in a timely manner before an accident occurs. An automatic brake can also be performed at the end of the aisle in combination with the personal safety system.Learn more
STILL iGo pilot safety
Six in one sweep
Optimised braking paths: at the end of the aisle, the forklift truck decelerates gently in relation to the speed and lifting height, which increases handling capacity.
Automatic speed adjustment: in defined zones, speed adjustments can be set automatically based on the ground conditions.
Height limitation: The adjustable height limitation enables optimum use of the space below the roof for different hall heights.
Collision prevention: known obstacles can be defined. The driver does not need to memorise all particularities of the system and can concentrate on their work.
Aisle departure assistant: steering can be blocked for a defined stretch, e.g. when departing the aisle in order to prevent collisions.
Position selection: selection enables targeted movement into defined, often-used positions such as at transfer points.Learn more
Access authorisation (without FleetManager)
If desired, you can limit the usage of your forklift truck to specific persons or groups of persons via access authorisation. Select whether the release of the truck should be carried out using a key switch or via a digicode system with ten configurable access codes (or PINs).Learn more
STILL SafetyLight 4plus
The visual warning system for fewer accidents
The blue warning light, STILL SafetyLight 4plus, significantly increases work safety in areas which are confusing or full of bends. The blue light spots are projected approx. 5 m in front of and behind the truck and warn people about the approaching truck to prevent impending collisions.Learn more
Driver profile via FleetManager
Who can use which forklift truck for which area of application? How fast may a certain driver travel in the industrial truck?
The solution: our smart driver profiles in FleetManager 4.x. This web-based application allows the features of the truck to be adapted to the operator’s requirements, such as a reduction in travel, lifting or tilting speed or automatic activation of the lights.Learn more
Maximum handling capacity: STILL OptiSpeed
Comprehensive hardware and software assistance systems which optimise the movements of the equipment regardless of the load. This significantly increases your handling capacity.
The system combines the advantages of OptiSpeed 3.1 with a weight sensor: in addition to the visual and acoustic signals when specific limit values are reached, a travel and lift stop is triggered when the permissible load weight is exceeded.
In addition, it calculates ideal transport movements and optimises them based on the lifting height and load.
This enables higher speeds on empty runs or when loading and picking.
Smart orientation: forklift trucks which move via inductive forced steering or mechanical forced operation are able to detect if they are in the correct warehouse aisle thanks to the contact-free aisle detection.Learn more
Speed limitation when fork carriage is raised
For the safe transport of goods: when driving with raised forks, there is a risk that the loaded pallets could tip, damaging the goods. The driving speed is automatically reduced depending on the lift height in order to prevent this.Learn more
iGo pilot navigation
Navigation support for the driver The system optimises the approach to the destination by stopping forks automatically at the horizontal and vertical target position. The positioning is worked out by means of distance measuring and comparison with the current position (by RFID transponders or barcodes). OptiSpeed 4.0 differentiates between loading, unloading and order picking at the target position, and adjusts the lifting height of the fork automatically.
Easy to use: manual input of the storage location or retrieval from the warehouse management system; operation at just a push of the drive lever.
High productivity: the truck takes the optimal route to its destination – regardless of the operator’s experience and knowledge.
High precision: the truck moves to the exact position of the pallet – fork movements outside the target are not possible, thus avoiding incorrect storage and retrieval.Learn more
Lift height pre-selection
In addition to the lift height display, there is a range of lift height pre-selection systems available for the STILL FM-X reach truck. Manual lift height selection is available as standard. The Easy Target and Easy Target Plus systems are available as options.
Easy Target enables fast and precise positioning of the forks at the desired shelf levels, without the need for manual height corrections. This increases safety for both the driver and the goods. Up to eight areas, each with 20 levels, can be programmed. From 150 kg, the forklift truck is able to independently determine whether the operator wishes to store or retrieve loads and thus consider the pallet free lift accordingly. Another option available is Easy Target Plus, which also ensures that the fork tilt is in the neutral position. How you benefit: Individual customisation to suit all warehouse conditions, high degree of safety for the driver and the goods, and guided operation via the display assistant – also, for less experienced drivers, the shelf level can be selected in a matter of seconds.Learn more
A pressure measurement in the hydraulic circuit detects, calculates and permanently displays the load mass in operation on the operator’s display. This prevents tipping accidents due to overloading. The measurement procedure for load detection works from a mass of 50 kg and offers accuracy of +/- 5% of the nominal load.
However, the load measurement, which is activated by the driver, is even more precise and detects deviations of just 3% of the nominal load.
If the nominal load exceeds the maximum permitted load by 10%, the overload detection gradually restricts the lifting function before stopping it altogether, in order to avoid tipping accidents.Learn more
Lift height display
The LED lift height sensor integrated as standard ensures the highest level of precision of the lift height display from the first millimetre. The driver is therefore always aware of the fork tip height and can manoeuvre with precision in order to ensure that they do not touch the shelf when lifting the pallet. The system works with a repeat accuracy of less than +/- 5 mm and the driver is able to see the lift height on the display at all times.Learn more
The document provided for download is the updated version of the operating instructions for the standard truck. It does not include descriptions of customer options (Customer Option). For a concrete truck, please request the respective specific manual according to the serial number and the year of production from the STILL spare parts service.
Maximum capacity (kg)
Maximum reach height (mm)
Travel speed (km/h)
Battery voltage (V)
|EK-X / Li-Ion||1.200||12.000||13||24/48|